1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Pomidor ("Pomidor", "we", "our" or "us") is involved with and responsible for the processing of your personal data via the Pomidor Website.
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
There are two different categories of cookies:
- First party cookies. Cookies which Pomidor places on your device for its own purposes.
- Third party cookies. Cookies placed by or for an external/third party (e.g. other company). Usually these are cookies for the purpose of advertisement and tracking. Vice versa, Pomidor may also obtain cookie information obtained by third parties when you visit other websites.
Purpose cookies. After a cookie is placed on your device, your device can be recognized as you surf through the Pomidor Website via the same web browser. This will for instance enable the Pomidor Website to 'remember' your language settings, which games you played and your progress in these games. If these cookies are placed by a third-party, such third-party can (also) use the cookie for the same purposes.
For more information on cookies, please refer to the website www.allaboutcookies.org.
Lifecycle cookies. After a cookie is placed on a device, it is only valid for a certain period.
- Default period. After the validity period of a cookie passes, the cookie is automatically removed by the web browser. For local storage: Pomidor will make sure that it is removed after the time specified in the Cookie Table below. The validity period varies per cookie. For example, some cookies are only valid during the browser session. Other cookies can also recognize your device if you visit the Pomidor Website during a new browser session, e.g. for a year after being placed.
- Early deletion/refusal of cookies. You can choose to delete a cookie manually before its validity period has passed. You can also decide to refuse the cookies which may only be used with your consent. For more information on this, please see the section below: "How can you manage cookies and cookie setting?".
Similar technologies. In addition to cookies, other techniques can also be used for similar purposes, such as HTML5 Local Storage. HTML5 Local Storage can be used for the same purposes as cookies. Below, when we speak of “cookie”, we also mean HTML5 Local Storage, unless we say otherwise.
3. WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
Pomidor uses three types of cookies on the Pomidor Website: (1) functional cookies, (2) analytical cookies and (3) advertising cookies.
(i) Functional cookies.
- Definition: Functional cookies are essential for the proper layout and navigation of a website. It concerns cookies (1) that are placed with the sole purpose of facilitating communication over an electronic communication network or (2) that are strictly necessary for providing you with the information-society service as requested by you.
- No consent required: Depending on the applicable law, functional cookies may be placed without your consent. You can object to these cookies via your browser settings (see below).
(ii) Analytical cookies.
- Definition analytical cookies: Analytical cookies are used to analyze and map the use of a certain website, so that the quality and/or effectiveness of Pomidor services can be improved.
- Not always consent required: Depending on the applicable law, Pomidor does not need your consent to place cookies for obtaining information about the quality or effectiveness of a provided information-society service (analytical cookies), if this will have little or no impact on your private life. In certain jurisdictions - for example the member states of the EU - we need your consent for the use of certain analytical cookies. If required, we will ask for your consent.
(iii) Advertising cookies.
- Definition advertising cookies: Advertising/targeting cookies are cookies which are used to analyze user activity and sessions and allows parties to deliver a more personalized experience. Advertising cookies are mainly set by the third parties with whom Pomidor runs advertising campaigns. This enables Pomidor to serve ads that are relevant to you.
- Consent required: Depending on the applicable law, we may need your consent to use advertising cookies. This is for instance case within the member states of the EU. If required, we will ask for your consent to place advertising cookies.
4. WHO PLACES WHICH COOKIES?
(i) Pomidor cookies
Some cookies are placed directly by Pomidor or on behalf of Pomidor. This concerns all functional cookies, some analytical cookies and advertising cookies. A full overview of the cookies placed via your browser can be found via our Cookie Consent Module - if available in your region -, or via your browser's Developer Tools which you can open with ctrl+shift+i on Windows or cmd+shift+i on Mac.
(ii) Developer cookies
The developers of the games on our Pomidor Website, can also include cookies in their game. For example, to track how much points you earned during a game. Pomidor is not responsible for this processing: only the developer decides which cookie data are processed and for what purpose.
(iii) Externally hosted games and other websites
This Cookie Statement only applies to cookies that are used when you visit the Pomidor Website. Pomidor is in no way responsible for cookies that are placed by and for other parties when you visit another webpage, also not if you are referred to such website from the Pomidor Website. To enable you to make a conscious choice in this respect, we do include a banner if you play a game via our website that is hosted on a third-party website. This banner informs you that you are about to access a third-party website.
5. HOW CAN YOU MANAGE COOKIES AND COOKIE SETTINGS?
Browser settings. For most internet browsers it is possible to adjust the browser settings in such a way that you receive a warning before a cookie is placed. In most cases it is also possible to configure your browser to refuse all cookies or only third-party cookies. Furthermore, you can delete cookies which are already placed. Please keep in mind that it is necessary to adjust these settings separately on every different browser and computer you use.
Cookie settings website. In certain jurisdictions - for example the member states of the EU and UK - we need your consent for the use of certain analytical cookies and/or advertising cookies. In case you are located in one of these jurisdictions, you can provide your consent or amend your cookie settings on the Pomidor Website via this icon:⚙️. There, you can for instance choose whether:
- Your precise geolocation and information about device characteristics can be used;
- Advertisement and content performance can be measured and can be personalized based on a profile;
- Data can be used to build or improve user experience, systems and software; and whether
- Cookies, device identifiers, or other information can be stored or accessed on your device for the purposes presented to you.
Via the cookie settings, you can also change for which purposes your data obtained via cookies may exactly be used, and/or specify per organization whether they are allowed to use your data or not.
Functioning of the Website. If you choose to block or delete certain cookies, it is possible the Pomidor Website or functions on this website do not work properly anymore. Deleting or refusing cookies also does not mean you will no longer see advertisements. However, as a result of disabling cookies, the advertisements shown may be less relevant to you.
How to change or delete cookie settings in your browser. For your convenience we included links on how to change cookie settings on the most used internet browsers:How to change cookies setting in Google Chrome
How to change cookies setting in Microsoft Edge
How to change cookies setting in Safari
How to change cookies setting in Mozilla Firefox
How to change cookies setting in Opera
How to change cookies setting in Vivaldi
How to change cookie settings in Yandex
More information. Pomidor cares about your privacy! Please consider carefully which web browser you use. Some browsers may benefit from sharing your personal data, while others are completely independent. We advise you to research the available web browsers and decide for yourself which browser best suits your interests. Please visit www.whatismybrowser.com for information on the browser you use and more information on other browsers and browser settings.